Last term we did a whole school topic on Enterprise. We chose to make several products, which were then sold later in the term at the Enterprise/PSG Xmas Fayre.
In ICT/Computing we are learning about:
- How technological developments have changed every day life and the things we use. We created a mind map using Kidspiration.
- Improving our word skills and learning again about the snipping tool app in Programs/Accessories
- We have been learning different file types including animated gifs. They are moving pictures like a short cartoon with one object or a moving pattern.
animated gifs MCKENZIE powerpoint
- We have been learning to type faster and with accuracy using online typing website.
Examples include Big Brown bear learn to type.
We have been using the programming tool – Scratch in a variety of ways including :-
- creating our own dress-up game based on the Scratch example program- Dress -up with Tera Scratch game .
- designing our own Scratch sprites based on a variety of themes.
- how to type faster and where all the keys are on the keyboard
- how to use the Scratch programming tool to create a simple cat and mouse game. In coding we learnt about forever loops, adding variables (timer and score), changing costumes and event handler e.g. when clicked
- learning about file types including animated gifs (which often dance or move like a very short cartoon)