P4R will be learning about Vikings this term.
We will be learning:
- Where the Vikings came from
- Where they settled
- How they travelled
- About Viking food and farming
- Weapons and armour
- Viking /Norse Gods
- Famous Battles
- Where and why Up Helly Aa Festival in Shetland is held
Last term we were involved in a whole school topic on Enterprise. We chose what to make and made several products, which were then sold at the Enterprise fair.
We made clay models, soaps and pine cone decorations.
In ICT/Computing we have been learning :-
- How technological developments have changed every day life and the things we use. We created a mind map using Kidspiration. Here is an example >>>>>>>
- Improving our word skills and learning again about the snipping tool app in Programs/Accessories
- finding out devices which have a computer in them.
- drawing our own linear (e.g. getting dressed for school) and branching algorithms (e.g. shall we go to the cinema? – which has lots of choices)
- talking about Internet Safety and looking at the Thinkuknow website.
We watched an interesting article on CBBC Newsround about the online gaming websites and how to safe safe.
- designing our own Scratch sprites based on a Halloween theme.
- how to type faster and where all the keys are on the keyboard
- how to use the Scratch programming tool to create a simple cat and mouse game. In coding we learnt about forever loops, changing costumes and event handler e.g. when clicked
- about file types including animated gifs (which often dance or move like a very short cartoon)