This term we were studying an area of Science and a PSE topic.
Last term we were studying the topic of World War Two.
We learnt about :-
- how the war is thought to have started, reasons, location etc….
- rationing of food and other items
- evacuation of children from the cities
- the Blitz
- the role of the different armed forces
In Maths we have been looked at Symmetry, Area, Angles and Triangles. We have also touched on BODMAS as an extension activity.
Last term we did a whole school topic on Enterprise. We chose to make several products, which were then sold later in the term at the Enterprise/PSG Xmas Fayre.
In ICT/Computing we have been learning about:-
- How technological developments have changed every day life and the things we use. We created a mind map using Kidspiration.
- Improving our word skills and learning again about the snipping tool app in Programs/Accessories
- animated gifs (move like a short cartoon ). We created a PowerPoint and when we ran the slideshow the gifs moved.
- We were also learning to type faster.We have been using the Scratch programming tool to create our own games and animations:-
- creating our own dress-up game based on the Scratch example program- Dress -up with Tera Scratch game .
- Scratch – making a cat and mouse game
- creating a game with variables (timer and a score)
- designing our own Scratch sprites based on a variety of themes.- see Halloween theme below