This term we are looking at the Science topic of Chemical reactions
Last term we were looking at the topic of Vikings.
We have been learning about:
- Where the Vikings came from
- Where they settled
- How they travelled
- About Viking food and farming
- Weapons and armour
- Viking /Norse Gods
- Famous Battles
- Where and why Up Helly Aa Festival in Shetland is held
We are now moving onto Castles.
Last term we did a whole school topic on Enterprise. We chose to make several products, which were then sold later in the term at the Enterprise/PSG Xmas Fayre.
We made Chocolate apples, hyacinth growing kits and second-hand dvds.
In ICT/Computing we have been learning about:-
- How technological developments have changed every day life and the things we use. We created a mind map using Kidspiration.
- Improving our word skills and learning again about the snipping tool app in Programs/Accessories
- watching CBBC Newsround to learn more about National and International News.We saw the weather reports about the flooding in Houston after Hurricane Harvey.We also looked at weather reports which showed the paths of Hurricane Harvey, Irma and Maria.
- We used Microsoft Word to practice our keyboard skills by typing up the Spike Milligan poem – Granny. We added a border then changed the font colour and type if we had time.
Used the Microcomputer- Microbits to make scrolling messages and other codes. BBC Microbit website
We have been using the Scratch programming tool to create our own games and animations:-
- creating our own dress-up game based on the Scratch example program- Dress -up with Tera Scratch game .
- designing our own Scratch sprites based on a variety of themes.
- how to type faster and where all the keys are on the keyboard
- how to use the Scratch programming tool to create a simple cat and mouse game. In coding we learnt about forever loops, changing costumes, adding variables (timer and score) and event handlers e.g. when clicked
- learning about file types including animated gifs (which often dance or move like a very short cartoon)