Class Teacher- Mr Davidson / Mrs Webster (Tuesday)
This term we are studying Scottish landscapes.
Last term we did a whole school topic on Enterprise. We chose to make several products, which were then sold later in the term at the Enterprise/PSG Xmas Fayre.
We made Christmas-related cookies, countdown snowman and pencil pots in a variety of designs.
In ICT/Computing we have been learning about:-
- How technological developments have changed every day life and the things we use. We created a mind map using Kidspiration.
- Improving our word skills and learning again about the snipping tool app in Programs/Accessories
- Finding out about devices which have a computer in them.
drawing our own linear (e.g. getting dressed for school) and branching algorithms (e.g. shall we go to the cinema? – which has lots of choices)
- talking about Internet Safety and looking at the Thinkuknow website.
We watched an interesting article on CBBC Newsround about the online gaming websites and how to safe safe.
- designing our own Scratch sprites based on a Halloween theme.
- watching CBBC Newsround to learn more about National and International News.
- We used Microsoft Word to practice our keyboard skills by typing up the Spike Milligan poem – Granny. We added a border then changed the font colour and type if we had time.
Used the Microcomputer- Microbits to make scrolling messages and other codes. BBC Microbit website
- We have been using the Scratch website to create our own games and animations.